Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chili

or anyone that needs to warm up. You gotta make some chili. It's totally gameOn friendly and the perfect meal for a snowy day. Out east we are on round two of a major snow storm. We just got 25"+ on sunday and another 12"+ are getting ready to pile on to that. OH yeah I showed the picture of our snow mountain.

Here's how I made our chili tonight
cooked up some ground turkey in a stock pot, removed it and used my food chopper to make it not so chuncky (I always do this with ground meat). In the same pot add a little olive oil, fry up an onion and some garlic, once soft add 2 c of beef broth, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 can of tomato paste, 1 can of chopped tomatos, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of black bean and the ground meat, (if I had corn i would've added that, I love corn in chili it adds a burst of sweetness to it) spice it up with chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and cumin to taste. I had a small bowl and topped it with sour cream, ff cheese and used my 100cal and had corn chips. It makes a lot so you'll have leftovers all week long:)

No comments:

Post a Comment