Sunday, March 21, 2010

Almondaise

Almondaise
Connie Lancaster

I think it's something you will all love.  I was hesitant so I only made half a batch (8 x 8 pan).  It's gone.  There is no cheese, no sour cream, no cream of chicken soup and totally legal. WHAT?  It's made with something called "Almondaise".  This wonder is something you make out of almonds and is a HEALTHY fat you can use in many of these creamy recipes.  It's not something you can eat endlessly.  It's still a fat.  But it is totally delicious in recipes and it is totally satisfying.  I was absolutely amazed at how it tastes just like the real deal.


I made a vegetable dip with the almondaise a couple of weeks ago.  I love that too.  It can be used with vegetables, or as a spread on bread, flatouts, etc.  I have a hard time keeping it to my "fat portion" size.  There are also many salad dressing recipes you can make with this stuff.

Here's the recipe to the almondaise (very bland on it's own but great in the recipes)

Soak almonds overnight in water (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup) I do more than this at a time so I can use it in many recipes.
Put 1/2 cup soaked almonds in blender with 1/2 cup water and blend.  Remove the middle portion of your blender lid and slowly drizzle in 1 cup LIGHT olive oil.  Add 3 Tbls real fresh squeezed lemon.  Blend until it's thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment