Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken Fried Rice

Chicken Fried Rice     
From Lose to Win Group

2 C. cooked rice (brown rice)
1/2 onion chopped
1/4 C. chopped celery
1/4 C. chopped green peppers
2 eggs
Dash of pepper
2 T. soy sauce
2 C. cubed chicken

Heat up oil (I used just a thumbnail size of olive oil) in a skillet. Add eggs and rice.  Stir rapidly to break up eggs.  Add onion, celery, green peppers (and I added chopped carrots), pepper, and meat.  Soy sauce should be added now (I didn't put it on until it was served, that way I didn't have to have it but my family could have some).  Cook, stirring often.

I think we could probably add some different vegetables.  Carrots worked well for us because my son loves carrots and with them he would eat the other veggies.  I had to add more pepper to mine after it was served because I opted out of the soy sauce, my husband said that it gave it a lot more flavor (of course)!!!  We liked it, and it was super easy and quick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment