Sunday, March 21, 2010

Yummy Potatoes

Yummy Potatoes
Connie Lancaster

6-7 baked medium russet potatoes
1/2 c finely chopped green onion
1 1/2 c Almondaise (see recipe in separate epistle)
1/3 c nutritional yeast flakes
2 t sea salt or to taste
1 1/2 c water
1 1/2 T onion powder (I didn't have this so I used dried onion)
1 1/2 T EACH of lemon juice and raw apple cider vinegar
2-3 T grated butternut squash, for color, optional (I didn't do this.  I sprinkled 2 tsps of vegetable powder over the top instead)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grate potatoes in 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.  Set peels aside for another use (I haven't tried it yet but there is a "crispy skins" recipe I will try and report on)
Mix all ingredients besides vegetable powder together then mix gently with the potatoes.  Sprinkle vegetable seasoning on top if desired.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.

You could also try a whole grain cereal (like Total) crumbled on top and drizzled with olive oil.  This really isn't necessary though.  It was really yummy without it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment